Friday, May 30, 2014

End of Week 1

Alright, it is official.  I KNOW that DC is where I want to be when I graduate, everything is so great here.  Even the people are pretty great, which was a VERY welcome surprise.  It's Friday and I'm at Starbucks blogging because that's what people do when they're 20 and alone in a city they don't know...right?!

Anyway, I got my badge today so that's pretty cool.  I've also met SO MANY PEOPLE in my office, and let me tell you, I have never been in a working environment of people who actually like each other as much as all of these people do.  It's awesome.

Last night, I ventured out and into DC to meet up with one of the OU students who is here as well!  Most of the Sooners that will be in DC will get here this weekend, so I met up with Paul.  He's great and it's super great to feel like I actually know someone here; we wandered over to the bar 51st State and it was the COOLEST sports bar I've ever been to.  By far.  Anyway, Paul and I went to watch the Thunder game but as it turned out, hockey is currently in the playoffs as well for the Stanley Cup.  Little did we know that this was strictly a New York sports bar...aka ALL things New York, so since the hockey game started an hour before the Thunder, we met some CRAZY New York fans but I actually feel like I'm invested in this hockey team now because it was almost as cool as being at an OU game when they beat Montreal to move on.  I mean people hugging people they didn't know, crying, screaming, cheering.  It was insane.  And then, of course, the Thunder got beat so that kind of sucked.  Totally worth being at 51st State though.

Anyway, next week I'm going to do some more exploring I suppose; I finally met some girls at DG!  The weather yesterday was really crappy and pretty cold, so when I got back from work there were a few really great girls downstairs--which is all the better and a VERY nice reminder that no matter where I am, DG has my back.  

Thank you to all of you who are trying to keep up with me and where I'm at with this whole thing--this amount of change all at once is kind of scary, but diving in head first was definitely one of the best decisions I have made.  And by that, I mean it's up there with my choice to attend the University of Oklahoma.

Once again, I'll leave you with a quote.  Good night & good luck to all of you!




What's a white girl without Starbucks and a selfie, anyhow?


If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul.

-Drew Barrymore


No comments:

Post a Comment